Thursday, March 01, 2007

Michael Says

Mike P. has begun keeping track of my blog updates. He now has a marker in his side bar that indicates when my last post was updated, and does the same for the other Mike as well. He claims this is a public service for those people who want to read all three blogs, but don't want to waste their time checking if there have been no updates. His blog will tell them if there have been updates so readers only need to visit "Completely True" to also see the status of "Contemporarily Insane" and "Rocky Mountain Wahoos."

Also Mike has taken the liberty of evaluating our updating habits. At the moment of this writing, my ranking is "disappointing." This is not acceptable to me.

So you can thank Penrock for my renewed determination to update this blog on a regular (read: not disappointing) basis.

While my semester continues at its current pace I will not be able to produce anything too extensive, but I am determined to produce something (on the assumption that it's better than nothing).

I recognize that acquiescing to Mike's demands may send him the wrong message, but in this case his desires happen to coincide with my own (and presumably yours) so I'm going to risk it.

1 comment:

Mike P said...

I think it only fair to explain how this will impact your status on my rating system. First, you have staved off a rating of "Appalling." You were going to be downgraded on March 8th, but now you will remain at "Disappointing". In order to move up from there, you will have to have to demonstrate an improvement in posting rate. One entry won't do it. Of course, since it is my rating scheme, I reserve judgment on what counts as an entry. Taking one entry and say posting each sentence as a separate post doesn't count. However, extremely creative yet asinine ways to improve your post rate may actually work in your favor if I find them funny.