Friday, April 27, 2007

Adaptating

"Adaptating" is the sort of word you get when you have been awake too long. In my case the specific time involved was probably around 20 hours when I made the slide that contained the offending word. Spellcheck occurred, or rather did not occur at around Waking+28 hours. I finally made the discovery at Waking+30 hours, in the middle of my presentation. That's not a fun time to discover such an error. The misspelled word was highlighted in blue just to make it more prominent. Also, it repeated since I had copied that slide for use towards the end of the presentation.

Oops.

Next time I'm working harder to get things done ahead of time so I can actually sleep before my presentation. Thank goodness for my experience with midnight shift transitions. I'm pretty sure that's a large part of how I managed to actually stay coherent enough to give a presentation after 30 hours without sleep.

No comments: