Saturday, August 23, 2008

It's like 2002 all over again

Sarah has been gone all week at a conference. It's been quite an event and I'm sure she'll tell you all about it when she gets back. This, however, is my venue, so this is the story of my week. I should warn you it's not very interesting. In fact, that might be it's chief feature, a general extended boredom.

I was pretty disappointed at how quickly and how completely I reverted to bachelor behavior once Sarah vanished. I basically ate only three meals the entire week. I started with an old box of Tuna Helper that survived the most recent move. And yes, I checked the expiration date first; I still had at least three days to go (and that's the last box of _____ Helper we've got - now that I'm paying attention to things like "sodium content" I won't be buying any more of that ever again). That was dinner Sunday and lunch through Wednesday. The rest of the dinners alternated between pasta with marinara that's been the staple of my diet since I began cooking my own food (in my defense, it's a homemade sauce) and sausage (eaten like a hot dog, except using regular bread since I don't have any hot dog buns) that was on sale at Publix this week. If the sausage hadn't been on sale, I would have just had regular hot dogs.

It's amazing how boring my diet is when I'm only cooking for one. Oh there were salads (with the hot dogs and the pasta) and peas (mixed in with the Tuna Helper), but all in all neither the healthiest nor the most interesting of weeks.

Let's see, what else happened this week? There was school and homework. There were video games, two DVDs (both only so-so), and some reading (mostly stuff I've read before). There was cat feeding (and occasional cat throwing when they decided to gnaw on my elbow at 2 in the morning). There was even cake baking. There was, however, very little washing of the dishes. I should fix that before she gets home...

No comments: