Sunday, April 01, 2007

Another List

I have a hard time focusing on homework sometimes. I try, but get distracted and wander off to do something else. The best way to make sure this doesn’t cause real problems for me is to do something else productive with my “procrastination time.” I’m good at this, but I could be better. The following is a list of the things I’ve found myself doing instead of homework this weekend

A load of laundry
Load my dishwasher and run it
Wash the dishes in my sink
A second load of laundry
Unload the clean dishes from the dishwasher and set them out to dry
Check to see if the dishes are dry
Make my bed with clean sheets
Download Turbotax
Make a to-do-list and cross off the items I had already finished (I seed my to-do-lists with finished items the same way salespeople sometimes seed tip jars with their own money)
A third load of laundry
Research how to make windchimes
Set up music list to “work” to
A fourth load of laundry
Check to see if the dishes are dry
Put dishes away
Read a short story
Read another because the first one was only so-so
Make lunch
Read my friends’ blogs and respond “appropriately”
A fifth load of laundry (I’ve been putting off my laundry in favor of homework)
Wander around the apartment to see if there’s anything that needs to be put away
Prepare trash to go out
Check to see if the dishes are dry, remember I already put them away
Do a sixth load of laundry (my laundry machine is tiny)
Color in a photoshop image I conceived of yesterday
Write a list of everything I’ve done today and post it on my blog

1 comment:

Mike P said...

So basically what you really mean when you tell us that you can't do anything on a given weekend because you have to work is that you merely intend to work but not follow through with it. Now I know not to believe you...though, I probably knew that anyway.