Tuesday, May 16, 2006

PLAYING WITH TIME

Predating, it’s kind of like cheating. So to make it absolutely clear that I’m not trying to fake you out, I’ll go ahead and admit right now: I’m lying about the dates on several posts. Which posts and why we’ll get to in a moment.

The why is because I screwed up. This year I’ve promised myself I’d act more and procrastinate less. Up until March, this blog was an example of my success. Unfortunately, it seems I have serious momentum issues. Once I find myself at rest I tend to stay at rest so when the snowboard trip interrupted my regular schedule, I found a large number of excuses not to return. I posted again, but sporadically, not on the original weekly schedule I had set for myself.

This is pretty disappointing to me. Some of you will tell me these delays are still shorter than many of my old ones, but this time I’m not comparing my performance to past performance, I’m comparing it to intended performance. By that measure, my current performance has been, to put it frankly, “thhbbppt.”

Well, this is the year of acting on my intentions - so I’m backfilling, making up for the missing entries. As of this writing, it has been ten weeks since the first interruption. In that time, I have provided four articles. I’m not going to worry about the vacation week because, well, it was a vacation. So I’m basically okay on entries up until the second week of April.

The way I see it, I owe you entries for April 9th, April 16th, April 30th, and May 7th - and that’s where I’m going to put them. This entry serves as the cap (and my May 14th slot). I’ll update this one as I get the others entered so you know whether to go back and look for them or not. At the same time, I’m going to keep updating to my original schedule. Fortunately, in preparation for this return to adequacy, I’ve been writing lots and the entries are basically ready. I just have to type them, so they should be up soon.

This blog is largely for me, but it’s partly for you, too, and I apologize (to both of us) for the delay in these entries.

It won’t happen again.

------

Posted so far:

April 9th: ALL IN A NAME

April 16th: OF MICE AND RABBITS

April 30th: WELL, I CARE

May 7th: COOKING OUTSIDE THE LINES

That completes the missing posts. We're back to business as normal, or what passes for normal around here.

1 comment:

hollyburch said...

My reasons for backdating are much less complex - I just don't like multiple entries on a single day. But then, maybe that means I blog too often?