Sunday, October 17, 2004

QUICK BIT O' NEWS

I have just created another blog. "But Rob" I hear you say, "You never update this blog, why do you need another one?" Well, dear reader, I'm adding another blog because it's a completely different concept. The posts here are meandering musings on the oddities of life (often of my life in particular, but not always). What I intend to post over at this new blog are the little pieces of fiction that pop into my head on a near constant basis. My muse works pretty hard to get these ideas to me and its about time I shared them. I've started trying to write something new every day. I don't actually hit that mark, but I'm trying. Some of them have inspired new ideas for stories, some of them come from story ideas that I cannot yet figure out how to assemble.

Now that I have a decent backlog, I'm going to start posting them for other people to see. At my current rate, I feel comfortable committing to producing three a week (and the backlog will serve as a nice buffer to keep that rate constant). I do not think it will slow my posting here. I would say, given the evidence of the past month or so, that it has actually accelerated my posting here. So no worries on that front.

Check it out, let me know what you think. This is as much for my practice and growth as a writer as it is for your entertainment (probably moreso, if I'm going to be honest about it) so anything you have to say good, bad, or indifferent will be appreciated. It's called "Leaves from the Tree" and you can find it here.

No comments: